Aig-Imoukhuede Foundation Public Leaders Programme for African Public Servants
Deadline: April 7, 2022.
In collaboration with the University of Oxford’s Blavatnik School of Government, this unique programme offers senior public servants an immersive executive education experience aimed at strengthening the skills they need to build cultures of excellence, effectiveness and integrity throughout the institutions they lead. Programme graduates are able to enhance their countries’ development through improved governance and public policy creation.
The AIG Public Leaders Programme is designed to ensure these senior public leaders, and those who are moving into the senior leadership of the public-sector over the next three to seven years, master a range of new skills as quickly as possible. The programme aims to broaden their skills as public leaders and provide them with the conceptual frameworks and practical tools they need to meet the challenges of a complex and rapidly changing world.
The Public Leaders Programme offers insights from the world’s leading scholars and practitioners, and peer learning from participants’ counterparts. The learning experience is intense and demanding, engaging participants through a mixture of classroom discussion, simulations, practical exercises and group work.
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Be citizens of any African country and actively working within the public sector in Africa
- Have a minimum of seven years’ of active service in the public sector
- Be at a Directorate level
- Provide evidence of game-changing leadership qualities and abilities
- Provide a letter of endorsement from the ministry, department or agency for which they work
- Provide a record of promotion within the ministry, department or agency for which they work, recording promotions over the most recent five (5) years.
Programme fee: This programme is offered at no cost to eligible public sector employees who are successful in the application process.
- The letter of endorsement affirms that the candidate is the right fit for the programme and, if shortlisted, the applicant will be allowed to participate in all programme activities. Letters of endorsement should be prepared using the Ministry/Department/Agency’s letterhead and the letter should be addressed to:
- Capacity Building Team
19 Gerrard Road
Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria
2. Please note that the final decision on the selection of participants rests with the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford.
Session start: October 2022 to March 2023
Location: Online and Abuja, Nigeria
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP