The Malala Fund Girls Programme 2022
The Malala Fund Girls Programme is currently welcoming applications for its latest grants cycle. The Fund champions every girl’s right to 12 years of free, safe, quality education. The Girls Programme gives girls the tools they need to advocate for education and equality in their communities and a platform for the world to hear their voices.
By supporting youth activists, investing in local organizations and amplifying the voices of young women, Malala Fund is creating a world where girls have the agency to address the barriers standing in the way of their dreams.
- The grants support feminist and women-led movements, groups and organizations addressing the barriers preventing girls and young women from completing their education. Grants range between $ 75,000- $ 100,000 USD and can be used for general operating support or projects over a 12-month to three-year period.
- Th ese grants are unrestricted and flexible, Which Means you can use them for any aspect of work, Including general operating costs (eg, salaries, office space, administrative expenses) and activities and projects did advance your mission (eg, campaigns, training, programs).
ALSO READ: Norrsken Impact Accelerator 2022
Malala Fund welcomes applications from those who meet the following criteria:
- You are a non-government organization (NGO), community-based organization (CBO) or movement in Bangladesh, Brazil, Ethiopia, India, Nigeria, Pakistan or Tanzania.
- Your work supports girls and young women ages 10–24 who are unable to develop their agency and realize their rights due to systemic inequalities, discrimination or oppression.
- You do not have to be formally registered to receive funding – except in India where they require national and Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) registration and an organizational bank account that enables you to receive foreign funding.
- You identify as or are working towards becoming a feminist and / or women-led organization. Malala Fund defines feminism as working towards equal rights and opportunities for all genders and to dismantle systems of oppression – but recognizes that feminism depends on context and circumstance, and welcomes all kinds of feminist movements, groups and organizations. They define women-led as at least 51% owned, operated and controlled by one or more females.
- Your movement, organization or group has been operational for at least one year.
- You have an annual budget of less than $ 150,000 USD. Note: Malala Fund will still consider your application if your annual budget is above $ 150,000 USD but will prioritize those with budgets below this threshold.
At this time, the Malala Fund Girls Program is unable to fund:
- Government entities, political parties and associations, organizations with political affiliations or international organizations proposing projects in partnership with local organizations.
- Scholarships or grants to individuals. Organizations are able to use grant funding to cover the cost of sti pends, per diems and other expenses related to your activities.
For more information, visit the official webpage of The Malala Fund Girls Programme 2022
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP