Deadline :30 June 2021
Application is now open for Beijing 2022 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games Volunteer Program,
The Beijing Organising Committee for the 2022 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games (Beijing 2022) is committed to a green, inclusive, open and clean approach to hosting the Beijing 2022 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games (Games).
To attract talent from all over the world for a fantastic, extraordinary and excellent Games, Beijing 2022 starts its global recruitment of Games volunteers on 5 December 2019.
Beijing 2022 will recruit 27,000 Games volunteers for the Beijing 2022 Olympic Winter Games and 12,000 for the Beijing 2022 Paralympic Winter Games.
Games volunteers are divided into two broad categories: general and specialist volunteers. Specialist volunteers are those who have professional knowledge, skills and expertise in a given area including language, medical or driving services. Non-specialist volunteers are general volunteers.
Games volunteers will provide services at/for the opening and closing ceremonies, competition and/or other events of the Games at venues or facilities in the Beijing, Yanqing, or Zhangjiakou competition zones. The work areas open for volunteering include international relations, competition operations, press operations and broadcasting, venue operations, marketing, human resources, technology, cultural programmes, logistics, security, and transport, etc.
Beijing 2022 will provide them with:
- food & beverages,
- appropriate insurance andrelevant medical services.
The Games volunteers will be requested to cover their own cost for traveling from the place of their residence to the competition zones of Beijing, Yanqing and Zhangjiakou.Upon arriving in the relevant competition zone, with their accreditation card, they can take the public bus, urban rail (excluding the airport line), and Games shuttle buses in and between competition zones for free.Beijing 2022 will mainly provide appropriate incentives to the Games volunteers including service certificates and relevant souvenirs.
Upon arriving in the relevant competition zone, with their accreditation card, they can take the public bus, urban rail (excluding the airport line), and Games shuttle buses in and between competition zones for free.
Beijing 2022 will mainly provide appropriate incentives to the Games volunteers including service certificates and relevant souvenirs.
- Individuals who meet all of the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- Must abide by Chinese laws and regulations, be willing to serve the Games on a voluntary basis, and accept the guidance and supervision of Beijing 2022;
- Must be minimum 18 years old on 1 January 2022 (born on or before 1 January 2004), and be in good health;
- Must have the knowledge and skills required for their positions;
- Must be able to effectively communicate in Chinese and/or English; andMust be able to participate in all required training and provide volunteering services for the Games.
- Favourable consideration will be given to applicants who:
- Will serve as a volunteer for the “Experience Beijing” Test Events;
- Will serve as a volunteer for both the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games;
- Have a considerable level of professional knowledge and expertise in areas including translation and interpretation, medical services, driving, and technology; or
- Will fill in volunteer positions that solve urgent needs that may arise in Games operations.
Eligible Regions: Open for All.
The application opens on 5 December 2019 and will close at 24:00 on 30 June 2021 Beijing Time.
All applicants are requested to register and apply on the Beijing 2022 Volunteer Application Portal.
(I) Individual Applicants:
Individual applicants are requested to register in their real name as it appears on a valid identity document, which may be, but not limited to, the Resident Identity Card of the People’s Republic of China, Passport, Mainland Travel Permit for Hong Kong and Macao Residents, and Mainland Travel Permit for Taiwan Residents. They are also requested to fill in true and accurate personal information and submit applications online according to the instructions on the portal.
Individual applicants who are not able to access the portal may apply through correspondence with Beijing 2022 or at the public engagement and communications outlets established by relevant organisations authorised/designated by Beijing 2022.
(II) Group Applicants:
Group applicants will apply through the organisations authorised/designated by Beijing 2022. These organisations will help such applicants to register and apply for volunteering on the portal.
There is no registration fee for Beijing 2022 volunteer applications.
Deadline: September 30, 2021
For Further Queries :[email protected]
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP