Deadline: February 12, 2021
Pan African Women Empowerment Network (PAWEN) is calling on applicants for their Aspiring Entrepreneurs Programme for African women entrepreneurs. This initiative was birthed to equip aspiring women entrepreneurs with the Competence, Confidence and Connections to build a strong foundation for their businesses. F
Participants receive practical knowledge and guidance on how move from idea to startup using a framework that will improve long-term sustainability and profitability of their businesses
This programme is open to women who have;
- Proficiency in verbal and Written English·
- Regular (at least weekly) access to the Internet through a computer or tablet·
- A passion to establish profitable, successful and sustainable enterprise(s)·
- 6 – 8 hours weekly to dedicate to this program·
- Value to add and receive from a growing network of African Women Entrepreneurs.
And for women who want;
- Practical Knowledge, mentoring and hands-on coaching to start-up and grow their business
- A Network of women to help and support their business through the entrepreneurial journey
- Mentoring from successful women entrepreneurs across Africa
- Resources to start and grow their business
- Opportunity to win a start-up grant to launch their business
The Aspiring Entrepreneurs Programme 2021 will be into two (2) phases;
This will run from March – May 2021 and will empower selected participants with a comprehensive training adapted from a curriculum designed by an International Organisation and deployed successfully in over 100 countries.
Sessions will be facilitated by experienced African entrepreneurs and faculty members of leading Business Schools. Mentors will work with participants helping them to navigate the business landscape with less challenges.
This will run from June – August 2021 and will further develop the competencies of the most promising 50 entrepreneurs from phase 1 with practical one-on-one business coaching from experienced entrepreneurs to help them launch and grow their businesses successfully.
These 50 entrepreneurs have an opportunity to pitch for start-off grants and other funding.
The Programme Structure:
The curriculum is structured to include the following activities every month;
- Group Mentoring Sessions
- Peer review Sessions
- Book and Article Reviews
- Individual coaching sessions (Phase 2 only)
- Practical Knowledge to help you start-up and grow your business.
- Network of women to help and support you.
- Mentoring from successful women entrepreneurs across Africa.
- Resources to help you grow and scale your business.
- Opportunity to network and collaborate with other African women and access startup grants.
January 12, 2021: Application Portal Opens
February 12, 2021: Application Portal Closes
February 24, 2021: Notification email to successful applicants
March 1, 2021: Onboarding of successful applicants
For more information, visit the official webpage of pawe. Aspiring entrepreneur 2021