Deadline: 8th March, 2021
The Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program (CELP) is a unique academic and professional development opportunity for students who are the first members of their families to attend university
Since its inauguration in 2017, the Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program (CELP) has transformed the lives of first-in-family college students globally by identifying and nurturing hidden talent to build cohorts of next-generation leaders.
By providing an array of educational resources, direct connections to Harvard faculty, mentorship opportunities, and affinity networks, CELP supports young people around the world in reimagining their academic and professional futures, fostering “success” through locally-grown, aspirational narratives.
Candidates for the program receive a host of academic and professional development resources through a tiered application structure that reaches thousands of students from over 115 countries. Students access Harvard course materials, receive developmental feedback, find strong intellectual communities, and interact directly with faculty and one another as they grapple with questions of identity, technology, ethics, and structural change.
- Free access to over a dozen HarvardX courses, with certificates upon completion
- Live, interactive sessions featuring senior Harvard faculty from a range of disciplinary backgrounds
- Mentorship opportunities with Harvard alumni
- Membership within a vibrant network of CELP alumni
- Smaller peer group settings to discuss course materials and academic affinities
- Machine-learning-based skills assessment and recommendations for improvement
- Intensive finalist program with case-study based curricula
The priority deadline for applications is February 15. Students who apply by this date will receive priority access to subsequent rounds of the program, including enrollment preference for HarvardX courses. The Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program is highly competitive, and we strongly encourage you to submit the application at your earliest.
Applications may be accepted on a rolling basis until March 8. However, we encourage you to apply before then to ensure you can enroll in courses best suited to your academic interests.
Applicants to the Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program must fulfill the following criteria:
- Aged 18-26.
- First member of their family, or part of the first-generation of their family, to attend university. If your siblings have attended university, you are still eligible. If your parents or grandparents have attended university, you are noteligible.
- Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from university.
- Has not attended graduate school. You are not eligible if you are enrolled in or have gone through studies for a Masters degree or PhD.
- Has not traveled beyond their home country.
Please see the following notes about the application platform and process:
- In order to apply, you will need to create a free Submittable account. Please make sure you are using the same email address throughout each stage of the Crossroads program.
- You can save a draft of your work if you would like to finish filling out the form at a later date.
- If you need to make changes to the information you submitted, please request to edit the submission.
- The Submittable platform works best on Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Internet Explorer is not supported. Please make sure you are using a supported browser.
For more information visit the official webpage of Crossroads Emerging Leaders program 2021 or read FAQ